That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified,but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.The Savior — yes, the Messiah, the Lord — has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others — the armies of heaven — praising God and saying, “Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased.” When the angels had returned to heaven, the shepherds said to each other, “Let’s go to Bethlehem! Let’s see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”
Reading this passage always makes me smile. First, the God of the universe chose ordinary, every-day shepherds to be the first outside of Jesus’ earthly parents and the animals in the stable to learn of His Son’s miraculous birth. Then, an angel appeared to them, joined shortly by “a vast host of others, the armies of heaven.” It’s like the Almighty simply reached His hand down and pulled back the clouds of this world to reveal the spiritual realm! And, if that wasn’t enough, the birth of our Savior was announced! Then, these ordinary, every-day kind of people didn’t hesitate to act. They didn’t argue about whether the angels were real or disagree on the number of the vast army. They didn’t debate about the message the angel delivered or how it should be interpreted. Nor did they waste any time musing over the experience itself. But, rather, as soon as the angels returned to heaven, the shepherds took action. In fact, it seems they all agreed about what needed to happen next (“the shepherds said to each other”), and they headed to Bethlehem to “see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”
May we immediately believe! May we take action to celebrate the birth of our Savior .. and may we do it without delay, without shame, and with full confidence in our God Almighty!
Please join me in worshipping and adoring our King this Christmas season!
What Happened in November
They [the shepherds] hurried to the village and found Mary and Joseph. And there was the baby, lying in the manger. After seeing him, the shepherds told everyone what had happened and what the angel had said to them about this child.
All who heard the shepherds’ story were astonished, but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often.
• January 2021 – Highlight the shepherding message for middle school and high school-age girls through five video devotionals that will air nationally during Girl Leadership Week with American Heritage Girls and remain as evergreen content on the AHG portal on RightNow Media; a tentative workshop for incoming government leaders; promotion of the completed Teen Version of the “Leadership from the Shepherd’s Perspective” workshop to Christian high schools and classical academies.
• February 2021 – Workshop for business leaders in Spokane, Washington and continued promotion of the workshop for Teens.
April 2021 – Workshop in Florida for the Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA) 2021 Outcomes Conference
Spring 2021 – Tentative communityministryworkshops in Casper, WY
• June 2021 – Workshop for high school girls at an American Heritage Girls Camp in Oakhurst, California.
• September 2021 – Workshop for worldwideYFCI staff in The Netherlands
• October 2021 – Tentative workshops in India and the start of a partnership with a ministry to deliver the shepherding message in that country
January-December 2020 – The continued importance of living into our calling as shepherds in the lives of those we lead!
Join Us In Prayer
The shepherds went back to their flocks, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen. It was just as the angel had told them.
• Praise for God’s faithfulness and His shepherding during the workshop near Cairo, Egypt, and His preparation to bring 14 men and women who wish to multiply the shepherding effort among the Sudanese near Cairo and in South Sudan. The Holy Translator was clearly at work, and the Father’s hand of blessing, health and protection were evident throughout out time together. Thank you, Chief Shepherd! • Praise for the fully completed and ready-for-distribution video production of the six online, on-demand modules of the Leadership from the Shepherd’s Perspective workshop for TEENS.
• Praise for the working women of Crossroads Church in Santa Clarita, California, for their participation in an evening of learning how to work with others from a shepherd’s perspective.
• Praise for wisdom and clarity regarding a new partner to continue and expand our social media presence.
• Praise for partners who provide their time, talent, and resources to support and spread the shepherding message.
• Pray for the Middle East Leadership Training Institute (MELTI) staff and their commitment to assure the shepherding message is multiplied.
• Pray for additional financial partners to assist with the multiplication of the shepherding message.
• Pray for the timely migration of the Presence Point website.
• Pray for powerful wording for the website redesign.
• Pray for us as we fine-tune the online format for the AHG Patch.
• Pray for wisdom in our choices of those individuals we interview for the Shepherds in Action interview series.
• Pray for wisdom and spiritual insight as we develop additional content to support shepherd leaders worldwide.
• Pray for continued interest in the Presence Point content on RightNow Media (RNM) and RightNow Media @ Work.
• Pray the shepherding message would resonate with those who download the content on RNM and through YFC Canada and YFC/USA.
• Praise that God is still moving in a miraculous way related to the shepherding message!
• Pray for wisdom as we seek to better tell the shepherding story.
• Pray for those shepherding in governments all over the world.
• Pray on an ongoing basis for our shepherding partners in Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Egypt, and the US, as they seek to multiply the shepherding message.
Pray continually and specifically for those ministering to the persecuted church and the multiplied financial need during the pandemic in many of those situations.
• Pray on an ongoing basis forclear direction regarding the focus of our energies in 2021 and beyond.
• Pray for constant wisdom for the Board members that lead Presence Point and for open hearts and willing spirits as we do the same on a day-to-day basis.
How Can We Pray For You?
Please allow us to partner with you for your prayer needs. You can confidentially contact us by email at Holly@PresencePoint.com or Doug@PresencePoint.com or by texting or calling Holly at +1-661-301-3316 or Doug at +1-661-332-2622.