Join Us In Prayer
The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
2 Corinthians 5:17b
2022 is behind us, and so much of 2023 is ahead. It’s flush with new! Unknown experiences await us. Unexpected opportunities lie ahead. And only the Good Shepherd knows the details!
May you find joy in beholding the “new” that has come, and may we together rely on the Almighty for all he has in store.
What Happened in December
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us.
2 Corinthians 5:20
- January 2023 — Final graphic design of the Amharic translation, content development, and preparation for a new team member.
- February 2023 — The scheduled start date for the new Presence Point Vice President of Partner Relationships and Content Development, partnership expansion, content development, and preparation for a potential workshop in North Dakota or Minnesota.
- March 2023 — The potential workshop facilitation for Youth for Christ in North Dakota or Minnesota and facilitation of a shepherd leadership breakout session for the CLA Outcomes Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- April 2023 — Potential facilitation of a workshop for a variety of southern African countries for YFCI.
- September 2023 — Potential facilitation of a workshop for the YFCI General Assembly in the Netherlands.
Join Us In Prayer
We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:20b-21
- Praise for the successful development of a devotion for the American Heritage Girls 2023/2024 Devotional.
- Praise for the multiplication workshop held by YFCI staff in December in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and by American Heritage Troop leaders in Northern California.
- Praise that God provided additional funding for the Amharic translation and graphic design of the workshop participant materials for those in Ethiopia and for the conversations we’ve had regarding their multiplication of the shepherd leadership message.
- Praise for Andrew’s news from Tacoma Area YFC that the Young Leaders with whom he’s working have been exceptionally participative in and open to the shepherd leadership materials.
- Pray for miraculous provision of the funding for the 2023 budget year. We are excited to watch God work!
- Pray for an ongoing partnership with HSLDA as they partner with 100,000 member families, donors, homeschool leaders, legislators, and others who have remarkable ability to multiply the shepherd leadership message.
- Pray for our new, gifted Presence Point VP and her family as she prepares to transition to a full-time role with the Presence Point team.
- Pray for Doug and Holly as they navigate the addition of team members and acclimate to the change this expansion brings. Pray they will live what they teach and demonstrate shepherding principles with the new team members and their families.
- Pray for Doug and Holly as they pray about and contemplate a move out of California.
- Pray about the possibility of the Christian Leadership Alliance adding the Leadership from the Shepherd’s Perspective workshop to their Credentialed Christian Non-Profit Leader (CCNL) program.
- Pray as Point Loma University considers implementing the online, on-demand workshop in several of their leadership-related programs.
- Pray for partners in the university/seminary/college space and for Dr. Dave Rahn who has volunteered to champion that effort.
- Pray about the possibility of facilitating a shepherd leadership conference for several southern African countries for YFCI in 2023.
- Pray about the possibility of facilitating a shepherd leadership workshop for YFCI’s world gathering, General Assembly, scheduled for the Netherlands in September 2023.
- Continue to pray for the representative from Wycliffe USA who attended the San Antonio workshop and is considering how to implement the shepherd leadership workshop content with Wycliffe USA’s 3,000 team members.
- Praise for decisions related to the new potential partners we have been referred to in the last month.
- Pray for the promised funding to translate the workshop materials into the Indian languages of Hindi and Bengali, Marathi, or Telugu.
- Continue to pray for the executive leadership team of Prendiville Catholic College in Perth, Australia, as they continue to multiply the shepherding message with their students.
- Praise for partners who continue to provide their time, talent, and resources to support and spread the shepherding message.
- Pray for continued wisdom in our choices of new partners and individuals we interview for the Shepherds in Action interview series.
- Continue to pray the shepherding message will resonate with those who download the workshop content on the online, on-demand platforms of Presence Point partners African Centre for Theological Studies, RightNow Media, RightNow Media @ Work, American Heritage Girls, Christian Leadership Alliance, YFC Canada, and YFC USA.
- Praise that God is still moving in miraculous ways related to the shepherd leadership message!
- Pray for shepherd leaders to emerge in governments all over the world.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for our shepherd leadership partners in Australia, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Canada, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, DRC, Burundi, Uganda, Ethiopia, and the United States, as they seek to multiply the shepherding message.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for clear direction regarding the focus of our energies in 2023… and beyond, as the Lord wills.
- Pray for continual wisdom for the Board members who lead Presence Point and for open hearts and willing spirits as we do the same on a day-to-day basis.
How Can We Pray For You?
Please allow us to partner with you for your prayer needs. You can confidentially contact us by email at Holly@PresencePoint.com
or Doug@PresencePoint.com or by texting or calling Holly at +1-661-301-3316 or Doug at +1-661-332-2622.
Doug and Holly Culhane
Please allow us to partner with you for your prayer needs. You can confidentially contact us by email at Holly@PresencePoint.com or Doug@PresencePoint.com or by texting or calling Holly at +1-661-301-3316 or Doug at +1-661-332-2622.
Doug and Holly Culhane