Join Us In Prayer
The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed!
For I am doing something in your own day,
something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it…”
Habakkuk knew exactly what it was like to experience the misery of violence. With all that’s taken place in the last month alone, we could easily read his cry to God in Habakkuk 1 and feel just as he did. Violence, murder, and evil seem to have taken over our world, all potentially making us feel like our dear Good, Great, and Chief Shepherd has forgotten us, closed his ears to our cry, and abandoned His flock.
BUT… HE HAS NOT!
Please join me in believing what our Father told Habakkuk, “…I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if I told you about it…
What Happened in May
“This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.”
- June 2022 – Continued supervision and completion of Wycliffe work on the Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Ukrainian translations of the workshop materials, blog/vlog and podcast content creation, potential development of college, university, and seminary shepherd leadership curriculum, Vendor Fair for American Heritage Girls Troop Leaders in Cincinnati, Ohio, as well as continued writing and production of podcast episodes and blogs, and a fun side trip to Texas to be extras in the filming of the Feeding of the 5,000 for The Chosen; supervision of graphic design for the four translations.
- July 2022 – Continued content development and graphic design supervision of the four new translations, and travel to Washington, D.C., and Maryland for meetings with friends of the shepherd leadership message at the Capitol, and a workshop with Central Maryland Youth for Christ.
- August 2022 – Workshop for Central Maryland YFC in Frederick, on August 1-2, partner visits on the east coast of the United States, total completion of the four new translations, and communication to partner ministries of the translation availability.
- September – Preparation for Presence Point highlight on the PRAYR App, as well as content development, and workshop and facilitator training for San Antonio Youth for Christ.
- October – The ministry of Presence Point highlighted on the PRAYR App and continued content development.
- November – CLA Women’s Retreat in Black Mountain, North Carolina, visit with a partner in South Carolina, and continued content development.
- December – Celebration of our Lord’s birth and content development.
Join Us In Prayer
This prayer was sung by the prophet Habakkuk: I have heard all about you, Lord. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy.
- Pray for the families of the shooting victims in Texas, New York, and Tennessee, the children and adults who survived these horrific tragedies, the first responders, and the grief counselors and others assisting in this unbelievable time of need.
- Praise for a new multiplication partnership with San Antonio Youth for Christ.
- Praise for the interest by a partner ministry to deepen our relationship with them.
- Praise for Evah, the Youth for Christ Kenya Board Chair, who shared the shepherd leadership message with mothers and daughters for a Mother’s Day event in Nairobi, Kenya. The impact on all was profound and the foundation was laid for deeper teaching on shepherd leadership. Pray for Evah as she explores the next steps in this process.
- Praise that Tacoma Area Youth for Christ will be introducing the shepherd leadership message in their Young Leaders program in this Fall.
- Praise that those who attended the shepherd leadership workshop years ago are reaching out with continued encouragement of how the message is still very much alive in their lives.
- Praise for the progress on the translations of the workshop materials into Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Ukrainian. The first phase is almost complete!
- Pray for a highly competent virtual assistant for Presence Point who desires part-time work.
- Pray for wisdom as we explore how to best partner with Project 114 to deliver the shepherd leadership message in Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
- Pray for the funding to translate the materials into Sinhala, Tamil, and Burmese for the Project 114 partnership.
- Pray for the executive leadership team of Prendiville Catholic College in Perth, Australia, as they continue to multiply the shepherding message with their students.
- Praise for the success of Simon Rattray’s and Project 114’s exploratory trip to the U.S. and their multiplication partnership!
- Pray for wisdom, discernment, open doors, and new avenues of funding as Simon and Allison seek to spread the word of the work of Project 114 to prepare believers around the world for Christian persecution and for the related trauma recovery.
- Pray for Allison as she prepares for related work through art therapy in Ukraine.
- Praise for partners who continue to provide their time, talent, and resources to support and spread the shepherding message.
- Pray for continued wisdom in our choices of individuals we interview for the Shepherds in Action interview series.
- Continue to pray the shepherding message will resonate with those who download the content on the platforms of our online, on-demand partners: RightNow Media, Christian Leadership Alliance, YFC Canada, and YFC USA.
- Praise that God is still moving in miraculous ways related to the shepherding message!
- Pray for shepherd leaders to emerge in governments all over the world.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for our shepherd leadership partners in Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Canada, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, DRC, Burundi, Uganda, Ethiopia, and the United States as they seek to multiply the shepherding message.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for clear direction regarding the focus of our energies in 2022 and into 2023 … and beyond, as the Lord wills.
- Pray for continual wisdom for the Board members that lead Presence Point and for open hearts and willing spirits as we do the same on a day-to-day basis.