Join Us In Prayer
What Happened in September
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- October – Continued content development, a shepherd leadership webinar presentation to HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association) parents and students, preparation for a workshop with the African Centre for Theological Studies (ACTS) in November in Lagos, Nigeria, and continued fund development for the hiring of a Vice President of Partner Relationship and Content Development.
- November – Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA) Women’s CEO Retreat at Ridgecrest Retreat Center in Black Mountain, North Carolina, visits to prayer and resourcing partners in that area, and the facilitation of a workshop and facilitator training for approximately 100 multiplying pastors for ACTS in Lagos, Nigeria, adding a new partner and another country to the shepherd leadership multiplication movement.
- December – Celebration of our Lord’s birth and content development.
- January/February 2023 – The co-facilitation of a Leadership from the Shepherd’s Perspective workshop in Addas Ababa, Ethiopia, for the YFCI Ethiopia team and volunteers.
- March 2023 – The facilitation of a shepherd leadership breakout session for the CLA Outcomes Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- April 2023 – Potential facilitation of a workshop for a variety of southern African countries for YFCI.
Join Us In Prayer
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
- Praise for remarkable participation by the San Antonio Youth for Christ (SAYFC) team in the Leadership from the Shepherd’s Perspective workshop for their organization and for the attendance of two representatives from other ministries who are considering the use of the workshop materials.
- Praise for the exceptional way the SAYFC team accepted the general practices of facilitation and immediately began to use the facilitation tools to practice delivering the workshop materials, even to the point of creating new and effective exercises to make the materials work best in their environment and in their culture.
- Praise that Allison, with Project 114, found purpose and offered hope facilitating an art trauma workshop for women in Ukraine and Poland, and for her safe return home to Brisbane, Australia.
- Praise for Amanda, our new part-time Virtual Assistant and for how quickly she has assimilated into the Presence Point team.
- Praise for the referral by Dr. Tim Laniak (shepherdleader.com) to the African Centre for Theological Studies (ACTS) for us to facilitate an abbreviated workshop for approximately 100+ pastors in Lagos, Nigeria, on November 10-12, 2022.
- Praise for the possibility of hiring a Vice President of Partner Relationships and Content Development.
- Praise for the CLA launch of the workshop to a new worldwide global audience through their Global Leadership Intensives Series (GLIS) on September 1 and for 100 participants who checked out the shepherd leadership workshop in the first week.
- Praise that CLA has included Holly in their GLIS live interviews, scheduled at a variety of times to allow workshop participants from around the world to engage with her directly with their questions and challenges related to shepherd leadership.
- Pray about the possibility of the Christian Leadership Alliance adding the Leadership from the Shepherd’s Perspective workshop to their Credentialed Christian Non-Profit Leader (CCNL) program.
- Pray for partners in the university/seminary/college space. Pray for Dr. Dave Rahn who has volunteered to champion that effort.
- Pray for the online, very abbreviated shepherd leadership workshop we’re developing and delivering this month for the Home School Legal Defense Association’s members and their students.
- Pray about the date selection of the Shepherd Leadership Conference for YFCI Ethiopia in January or February of 2023.
- Pray about the possibility of facilitating a shepherd leadership conference for several southern African countries for YFCI in 2023.
- Pray for the two representatives from ministries who attended the SAYFC workshop and their consideration of the use of the shepherd leadership workshop content within their spheres of influence.
- Praise for decisions related to the new potential partners we’ve been referred to in the last month.
- Continue to pray for Andrew with the Tacoma Area YFC as he prepares to introduce the shepherd leadership message in their Young Leaders program.
- Pray for funding and wise “asks” as God seems to be calling us to a Partner Relations/Content Development Specialist.
- Pray for the funding to translate the workshop materials into the Ethiopian language of Amharic and the Indian languages of Hindi and Benali, Marathi, or Tegulu.
- Pray for the executive leadership team of Prendiville Catholic College in Perth, Australia, as they continue to multiply the shepherding message with their students.
- Praise for partners who continue to provide their time, talent, and resources to support and spread the shepherding message.
- Pray for continued wisdom in our choices of new partners and individuals we interview for the Shepherds in Action interview series.
- Continue to pray the shepherding message will resonate with those who download the workshop content on the online, on-demand platforms of Presence Point partners RightNow Media, RightNow Media @ Work, Christian Leadership Alliance, YFC Canada, and YFC USA.
- Praise that God is still moving in miraculous ways related to the shepherd leadership message!
- Pray for shepherd leaders to emerge in governments all over the world.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for our shepherd leadership partners in Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Canada, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, DRC, Burundi, Uganda, Ethiopia, and the United States as they seek to multiply the shepherding message.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for clear direction regarding the focus of our energies in 2023… and beyond, as the Lord wills.
- Pray for continual wisdom for the Board members who lead Presence Point and for open hearts and willing spirits as we do the same on a day-to-day basis.