JOIN US IN PRAYER
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him.
You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
The focus of my quiet time and study the last 30+ days has been the Holy Spirit. What a beautiful reminder this time has been of His power, His purpose, and His presence!
The Holy Spirit was provided by the Father as a Helper for those who follow Him. And this Helper, the Spirit of Truth, is available to reveal the truth to us, protect us from the lies of the enemy, and to cry out on our behalf at the very throne of the God of the universe.
May we acknowledge and accept the power of the One to Whom we have full and complete access – the One who is both with us and in us.
*credit to Receive the Holy Spirit by Dan Wilt
LAST MONTH UPDATE
And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
- September 2023 Hosting an Exhibitor Booth at a denominational pastors meeting in Clovis, California; sponsorship of the YFC USA Champions event in Tucson, Arizona; and a Presence Point Global Prayer Call.
- October 2023 – A workshop for Baptist Bible Fellowship and Southern Baptist Convention pastors in Indiana; attendance at the YFCI General Assembly Int’l Conference in the Netherlands to promote the shepherd leadership message with new nations and to connect with current global shepherd leadership multipliers from Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan, Tanzania, DRC, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, and Canada; serve on the General Assembly Prayer Team representing the USA; and serve on a General Assembly workshop panel related to Board Governance.
November 2023 – Christian Leadership Alliance Fall Women’s Gathering in North Carolina and visit with partners in South Carolina.
December 2023 – Presence Point Global Prayer Call and Celebration of our Savior’s birth.
January 2024 – Sponsorship of and attendance at the YFC USA National Leadership Conference in Orlando, Florida.
February 2024 – A workshop for pastoral leadership at the Baptist Bible Fellowship Int’l event in Ft. Worth, Texas.
April 2024 – Potential Shepherd Leadership Conference for YFC Guinea-Bissau and potential Shepherd Leadership Conference for the YFC Southern Africa nations.
Join us in prayer
But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” — these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.
1 Corinthians 2:9-10
- Praise for the successful involvement of the first cohort of the CLA CCNL Summer Term Cohort class.
- Praise for the updated Presence Point website and for Meg’s hard work and talent in all that she accomplished. Check it out! It’s a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
- Praise for the dedication of DJV Consulting as they have served well in the role of Content Manager over the last 1-1/2 years, and pray for the wise selection of the new Content Manager.
- Pray for the decisions being made regarding the potential funding by a Foundation of the Hindi translation of the workshop materials and Facilitator’s Guide.
- Praise for the interest by several organizations in the new elementary-age curriculum sites associated with the www.PresencePoint.com website.
- Praise for the work that David has done to coordinate a workshop for pastors in Indiana. He has bridged denominations and operated with gracious flexibility. Continue to pray for the pastors who will be attending the Shepherd Leadership workshop, their openness to the message and the willingness to multiply the shepherding message in their churches and communities.
- Pray for American Heritage Girls of all ages to be drawn to the shepherd leadership message.
- Continue to pray for the Chick-Fil-A restaurant owner and his leadership team in northern California as they implement shepherd leadership on a daily basis and plan how to include the content in their team training.
- Praise for the beautiful wedding of Jackie’s son, Ethan and his bride, Alyssa. Pray for their new life together and for their focus to always remain on the Good, Great, and Chief Shepherd.
- Pray for Holly as she writes the scripts for ten 30-minute online, on-demand videos to be housed on RightNow Media and RightNow Media @Work.
- Pray for the completion of shepherd leadership curriculum microsites for Legacy Christian Academy in California and Rise to Shine Nursey and Primary School in Rwanda.
- Pray for Meg as she launches the new Presence Point website team in August.
- Pray for Destiny, Content Manager, as she transitions off the Presence Point team, and praise our Good Shepherd for her hard work and dedication to communicating the shepherd leadership message. We’re going to miss her!
- Pray for accuracy as the MELTI team begins the dubbing for the five video Discussion Starters in Arabic.
- Pray for us as we seek the Holy Spirit’s leading regarding a re-design of the Presence Point Exhibitor Booth and contemplate how to communicate more effectively what we do and why we do it in that setting.
- Pray for funding to come through from the foundation that has preliminarily approved the funding to translate the workshop materials and Facilitator’s Guide into the three most-used languages in India. Pray for this work to be funded soon.
- Praise that two individuals are excited and willing to host a workshop for pastors in the Alabama region and introduce them to the shepherd leadership message.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment as Holly and Jackie interview multiplying partners that approach us through social media and website connections.
- Pray for Jackie and Holly as they write and record the Psalms for Shepherds weekly podcast and the Live into Your Calling weekly blogs.
- Praise for the beautiful design of Volume 3 of the 30-Day Shepherd Leadership Challenge!
- Pray for Jackie as she writes Volume 4 of the Shepherd Leadership Challenge and contemplates the creation of a Shepherd Leadership Challenge for Teens.
- Praise for the connections that Jackie is making in Zoom meetings with current and potential multiplication partners around the globe.
- Praise for those working with Presence Point to help us accomplish the goals of partnering with multipliers and developing and supporting shepherd leaders in every walk of life, all over the world: Apricot Services, Belay, DJV Marketing, From Your Desk to Mine, CPA Christopher Jacobs and Bookkeeper Marlene, My Domain Tools, Paper & String, RVRB, SociallyU, VSG/Spindustry, and Wycliffe/SIL. We could never do what we do without the Father’s blessing, support, and love, and His leading to these teams of people who are so talented in their areas of specialty. We are blessed and grateful!
- Pray for wisdom, discernment, and insight for Holly as the shepherd leadership message will potentially be featured on a variety of podcasts in the upcoming months.
- Pray for Doug and Holly as they pray about and contemplate a move out of California.
- Continue to pray for Kevin, the Director of Training for Wycliffe USA, as he champions the shepherd leadership message within that organization. Also pray for his wife as she recovers from long COVID.
- Pray for American Heritage Girls Troop Leaders as they contemplate adding the Shepherd Leadership Patch work to their girls’ learning curriculum.
- Pray for rest for the executive leadership teams of Legacy Christian School and Legacy Classical Academy in the US, and Prendiville Catholic College in Perth, Australia, as they prepare for the next school term.
- Praise for partners who continue to provide their time, talent, and resources to support and spread the shepherding message.
- Pray for continued wisdom in our choices of who we interview for the Shepherds-in-Action video series.
- Continue to pray the shepherding message will resonate with those who download the workshop content on the online, on-demand platforms of Presence Point partners Africa Centre for Theological Studies, RightNow Media, RightNow Media @ Work, American Heritage Girls, Christian Leadership Alliance, YFC Canada, and YFC USA.
- Praise that God is still moving in miraculous ways related to the shepherd leadership message!
- Pray for shepherd leaders to emerge in governments all over the world.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for our shepherd leadership partners in Australia, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Canada, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, DRC, Burundi, Uganda, Ethiopia, India, and the United States, as they seek to multiply the shepherding message, and for expatriates who use the AHG Shepherd Leadership Patch in France, India, Germany, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, the Philippines, and the UK.
- Pray on an ongoing basis for clear direction regarding the focus of our energies throughout the remainder of this year … and into 2024, as the Lord wills.